Sunday, November 7, 2010

Its Been Awhile....


Its been awhile since my nana passed away and all my memories of him are but a blur...I was young when God decided his time with us was up. But sitting in front of his photograph on the day of Diwali, praying for his well-being and thanking him for looking over us for so long...I missed him.
What I remembered of him was his calling me, "Bongali babu/Babu moshai aa gaye hai, macchi bhaat khabo?"
I remember him during his newspaper reading time, the famous jeep which now Mama takes out to the farm sometimes and him doing his kusrat in the morning...but the memories are all vague...
His booming voice, his commanding presence and yet the softness within him, his willingness to help is what he is fondly remembered for.
I must ask Mom, to tell me about him.
I have come to Indore so many times and each time the 1st thing i do is pray to Nana...for many things...this time I did not. I sat there in front of his photograph with my eyes closed but only so that maybe...maybe I could feel him around me...calling me....
I wanted to meet him...just sit with him...
Time has flowed on...as it always will....
But I wont forget this day,i.e. , 5th of November, it was my first diwali at my Nani-badi and it was the first time that I really really missed you nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment